Why We Need Your Help
The Williamsburg-James City Community Action Agency (WJCAA) is a 501(c)(3) private, non-profit corporation, which relies on the generous support of individuals, corporations, foundations, churches and civic associations in order to serve those in need in our service area. While we do receive government funding, we must also seek support from private sources. Contributions can be financial or in the form of donated (“in-kind”) goods or services. All contributions to WJCCAA are tax deductible. Special state tax credits are also available for certain types of corporate gifts.
Ways of Giving
- Time (Volunteer Hours)
The selfless giving of your time is a gift whose value cannot be overestimated. WJCCAA has many opportunities for those wishing to volunteer, including:
- HEAD START
- Neighborhood Basketball League
- Summer Youth Camps
- H.O.P.E.E. Tutorial
- FATHERHOOD Program
- Youth Programs
- Website Construction
- Agency Newsletter
- Holiday Food Distribution Program
For more information, please call 757-229-9332
- Financial Contributions:
- Two ways to make financial contributions:
By mail. To make a donation by check, please make check payable to Williamsburg- James City County Community Action Agency and mail
312 Waller Mill Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
On-line via PayPal by clicking on the Donate button below. You do NOT need a PayPal account to contribute this way. Just click the donation button.
- If you are interested in signing up for email notifications of special donation opportunities, please contact us.
- If you are interested in planned giving opportunities, please fill out the contact form and we will be in touch.
- Donations can be made directly to WJCCAA through the United Way Donor Designation Program. Please designate Williamsburg-James City County Community Action as your agency of choice on your pledge form.
How Your Church, School or Civic Group Can Help
Churches, schools, and civic organizations can provide much-needed assistance to our four emergency shelters serving homeless families and individuals:
- Host a collection for one month. Collect food and household supplies for use at shelters. Click here for a list of needed items.
- Hold a Penny Drive. Provide jars or cans (we’ll provide the labels) for collecting pennies. Set a goal or a time limit and then donate the “Change for a Change” to WJCCAA..
- Plan and implement a fundraising event. Examples could include spaghetti dinners, bake sales, flea markets, auctions, covered dish suppers or special collections. Speakers are available to help with the event. Please call 757-229-9332.
- Holiday Help: Collect or donate toys, clothing during the holiday season. Please call 757-229-9332 for more information.
Other Types of Giving:
- AmazonSmile – Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to WJCCAA whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- To make other types of gifts such as vehicle, stock, property, office equipment and supplies, in-kind services or corporate tax credit gifts, please call 757-229-9332.